Articles of Incorporation
Skyhouse Community, Inc.
State of Missouri
Rebecca McDowell Cook, Secretary of State
P.O. Box 778, Jefferson City, MO 65102
Articles of Incorporation of a Nonprofit Corporation
(Submit in duplicate with filing fee of $25.00)
The undersigned natural person(s) of the age of eighteen years or more for the purpose of forming a corporation under the Nonprofit Corporation Law of Missouri adopt the following Articles of Incorporation:
- The name of the corporation is Skyhouse Community, Inc.
- This corporation is a Mutual (Public or Mutual) Benefit Corporation.
- The period of duration of the corporation is Perpetual ("Perpetual" unless stated otherwise)
- The name and street address of the Registered Agent and Registered
Office in Missouri is: (Name/Address/City/State/Zip)
Jonah Scheib, Route 1 Box 156, Rutledge, MO 63563
- The name(s) and address(es) of each incorporator:
Jennifer Ray Route 1 Box 156, Rutledge, MO 63563
Jonah Scheib Route 1 Box 156, Rutledge, MO 63563
Tony Sirna Route 1 Box 156, Rutledge, MO 63563
- Does the corporation have members? YES X NO
- Provisions not inconsistent with law regarding the distribution of assets on dissolution upon the dissolution of the corporation, the Board of Directors shall, after paying or making provisions for payment of all the liabilities of the corporation, dispose of all the assets of the corporation equitably among all individuals still living who have held membership within three (3) months of the date of dissolution, or distribution may be decided by binding arbitration of the Dancing Rabbit Project. If an equitable distribution can not be decided within one year of dissolution,the remaining assets shall go to the Dancing Rabbit Project or other non-profit entity.
- The corporation is formed for the following purpose(s):
- To create and maintain an intentional community of people who shall live together according to certain ideals and precepts to which they have agreed. Among other things, the community is committed to doing the following:
- Holding the land, labor and other resources in common, though with some private ownership of goods allowed, as provided for in the by-laws;
- Assuming responsibility for the needs of its members, receiving the products of their labor and distributing these and all other goods equally or according to need;
- Living and promoting a lifestyle that is environmentally sustainable, as defined below;
- Practicing non-violence;
- Reaching all major decisions by consensus, or as provided for in the by-laws;
- works to establish the equality of all people and does not permit discrimination on the basis of race, class, creed, ethnic origin, age, sex, or sexual orientation.
- Striving to create and maintain a cooperative, supportive, open environment particularly conducive to self-expression, sharing, and personal growth.
- To aid in the creation of a society, the size of a small town or village, made up of individuals and communities of various sizes and social structures, which allows and encourages its members to live sustainably*.
- To encourage this sustainable society to grow to have the size and recognition necessary to have an influence on the global community by example, education, and research.
- To promote and advertise this kind of lifestyle and to encourage others to engage in it.
- To engage in any other legal activities permitted General Not For Profit Corporations.
- The effective date of this document is the date it is filed by the
Secretary of State of Missouri, unless you indicate a future date, as follows:
(Date may not be more than 90 days after the filing date in this office)
*Sustainably: In such a manner that, within the defined area, no resources are consumed faster than their natural replenishment, and the enclosed system can continue indefinitely without degradation of its internal resource base or the standard of living of the people and the rest of the ecosystem within it, and without contributing to the non-sustainability of ecosystems outside.
In affirmation of the facts stated above, signed by Incorporator(s):